Last modified: June 24, 2019
This Policy describes the types of information Matchstik may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit or use https://mymatchstik.com/or https://getmymatchstik.com/,including any content, functionality and services offered by Matchstik or on or through https://mymatchstik.comor https://getmymatchstik.com/, and any other website operated by Matchstik, whether as a guest or a registered user, and any Matchstik mobile or desktop apps (collectively, the “Matchstik Platform”) and Matchstik’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information Matchstik collects:
- On the Matchstik Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you, Matchstik, and/or the Matchstik Platform.
- When you interact with Matchstik’s advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
- Through the provision of Matchstik services, including any Employer Services.
- From Employer partners or other partners of Matchstik that you provided data to.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any Employer or other third party that gets access to the information, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, on or through the Matchstik Platform.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Matchstik Platform is not intended for individuals under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Matchstik Platform. Matchstik does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Matchstik Platform or through any of its features, register on the Matchstik Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If Matchstik learns that it has collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, Matchstik will delete that information. If you believe Matchstik might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rightsfor more information.
Information Matchstik Collect About You and How Matchstik Collect It
Matchstik collect several types of information from and about users of the Matchstik Platform, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, online profile (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), resume, or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, including:
- Data from personality assessments and potentially other forms of assessments (e.g. personality assessments, cognitive assessments, skills assessments, soft skills assessments, energy assessments, culture fit assessments, integrity assessments, value assessments, etc.).
- Salary preferences, job preferences, geography, open/not open to a new job, email and content preferences from us, etc.
- Resume data and previous employment information data.
- Information regarding or relating to interviews you have gone on with Employers.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Matchstik Platform, and usage details.
- As to an Employer, information on each open role (job description and requirements, their idea of an ideal candidates, salary ranges, assessment results from high performers (see examples of assessment types above), etc.), and data provided by Employer’s employees via a Matchstik profile or assessment.
Matchstik collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information provided by Employers that you have been put in contact with through the Matchstik Platform.
- From other third parties, for example, Matchstik’s business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information Matchstik collects on or through the Matchstik Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Matchstik Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Matchstik’s Matchstik Platform, subscribing to Matchstik’s service, or posting material. Matchstik may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Matchstik Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Resumes of or other job-related information you provide directly to Matchstik or to an Employer partner of Matchstik, including salary preferences, job preferences, geography, open/not open to a new job, email and content preferences from us, etc.
- Data and answers you provide as part of personality assessments and other forms of assessments (e.g. cognitive ability, skills assessments, soft skills assessments, energy assessments, culture fit assessments, integrity assessments, etc.)
- Your search queries on the Matchstik Platform.
- Information about Employer job openings and requirements.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Matchstik Platform or transmitted to Employers or other users of the Matchstik Platform or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Matchstik cannot control the actions of other users of the Matchstik Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, Matchstik cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Matchstik Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Matchstik Platform, Matchstik may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Matchstik Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Matchstik Platform.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information Matchstik collects automatically may include personal information, or Matchstik may maintain it or associate it with personal information Matchstik collect in other ways or receives from third parties. It helps Matchstik to improve the Matchstik Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Matchstik to:
- Estimate Matchstik’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Matchstik Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Matchstik Platform.
The technologies Matchstik use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of the Matchstik Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Matchstik Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your Privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How Matchstik Uses and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons.Pages of the Matchstik Platform and Matchstik’s e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Matchstik, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Matchstik do not collect personal information automatically, but Matchstik may tie this information to personal information about you that Matchstik collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Matchstik does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How Matchstik Uses and Disclose Your Information.
How Matchstik Use Your Information
Matchstik uses information that Matchstik collects about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To help you find a great job and receive personalized career advice.
- To present the Matchstik Platform, including its contents and services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out Matchstik’s obligations and enforce Matchstik’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Matchstik, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Matchstik Platform or any products or services Matchstik offers or provides though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Matchstik Platform.
- To match Job Seekers and Employers with jobs that match the Job Seeker’s or Employer’s job profile.
- To understand and set your communication preferences.
- To understand a Job Seeker’s personality profile, and to tailor content to you (for example, sending emails with career advice in which both the advice itself and the way Matchstik messages the content is tailored and relevant to you, sharing podcasts, content, events, groups, etc. that may be of interest to you)
- To market jobs to you.
- To send Job Seeker information to Employer, which may include, without limitation, assessment results, resume, preferred salary range, a comparison of the Job Seeker versus the job benchmark, etc.
- For Employers, to translate job descriptions into a Matchstik job benchmark, including a list of the ideal natural strengths, skills, and values of the ideal candidates, which job benchmark can be used to match Job Seekers in Matchstik’s database
- In any other way Matchstik may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Matchstik may also use your information to contact you about Matchstik’s own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send an email to Matchstik at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How Matchstik Uses and Disclose Your Information.
Matchstik may use the information Matchstik has collected from you to enable Matchstik to display advertisements to Matchstik’s advertisers’ target audiences. Even though Matchstik does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
Matchstik may disclose aggregated information about Matchstik’s users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Matchstik’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Matchstik’s Employer customers.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties Matchstik uses to support Matchstik’s business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Matchstik’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Matchstik about Matchstik Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How Matchstik Uses and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Matchstik Platform, Matchstik will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Matchstik may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If Matchstik believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Matchstik, Matchstik’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How Matchstik Uses and Disclose Your Information
Matchstik strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Matchstik have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising.If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Matchstik.If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Matchstik to promote Matchstik’s own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If Matchstik has sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Matchstik as a result of a product or services purchases or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising.If you do not want us to use information that Matchstik collects or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to Matchstik’s advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matchstik does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rightsfor more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Matchstik Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Matchstik cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. Matchstik may not accommodate a request to change information if Matchstik believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rightsfor more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding Matchstik’s use of your personal information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) may permit users of the Matchstik Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding Matchstik’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights of Residents of the European Union (EU)
If you use the Matchstik Platform and reside in the EU, you are entitled by law to access, correct, amend, or delete personal information about you that we hold. A list of these rights is below. Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions apply. To exercise these rights please contact us email@example.com. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. In the event that we refuse a request under rights of access, we will provide you a reason as to why.
The right to access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process. When making a request, please provide an accurate description of the data you want access to.
The right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
The right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, including (i) when your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or (ii) your information must be erased to comply with a legal obligation in EU Union or Member State law.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances, including (i) when the accuracy of the information is brought into question or (ii) when we no longer need the information for purposes of the processing but you require such information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process is in our legitimate interests.
The right to data portability: This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organization to another or give it to you.
The right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Matchstik has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where Matchstik has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Matchstik Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Matchstik ask you not to share your password with anyone. Matchstik urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Matchstik Platform or the sharing of information with third parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Matchstik takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information, Matchstik cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Matchstik Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Matchstik is not responsible for circumvention of any Privacy settings or security measures contained on the Matchstik Platform.
Visit www.mymatchstik.comfor the most up to date contact information.