How to Apply for Assistant Sales Manager Position
Welcome to Matchstik! We help innovative employer partners find hidden talent like you in Denver/Boulder area.
To apply for the Assistant Sales Manager Position (full job description below), please complete the following two steps:
- Step 1: Click here to complete a free Matchstik Profile. This will require that you complete a quick personality/strengths assessment and answer a short job preference questionnaire.
- Step 2: Send an email to email@example.com and just write ‘Assistant Sales Manager’ in the subject line.
Once you complete the above, we will review your application and be in touch if the Assistant Sales Manager Role is a fit or if have other roles with our client partners that fit your unique Matchstik Profile and job preferences.
If you have any questions, please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Our client (a Matchstik client partner who is hiring for this assistant sales manager position) is a solid 25 year-old company in the catering/events/foodservice space that believes in exceeding expectations and supporting both our employees and our community. They practice zero-waste initiatives and value teamwork, innovation and creativity. They’ve been honored with awards in both Boulder/Denver and are looking for an Assistant Sales Manager to join their team.
Summary: The Assistant Sales Manager manages the sales team and all systems and communication of events to other departments and reports updates to the Executive team. They manage and communicate customer questions or feedback to the appropriate sales staff. They manage all performance reviews and training of sales staff and assist the Director of Sales/ General Manager in long and short term planning of the day-to-day operations of the sales team. This includes recommendations of marketing and advertising ideas, organizational concepts and plans, budgets, promotional ideas and procedural changes to increase productivity. The Assistant Sales Manager also manages the hospitality/event software and interacts with other software platforms as needed.
- Sales analysis: Examine sales team performance reports and identify strategies for support and/or improvement.
- Sales reports: Maintain records of calls made and events sold over a given time frame, including data regarding sales volumes, number of new accounts contacted and the costs involved.
- Sales process: Knowledge of techniques and sales methods used in order to present service to customers in a persuasive manner and to meet their expectations and needs.
- Sales strategies: Familiarity with the principles concerning customer behavior and target markets with the aim of promotion and sales events.
- Active listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together to reconcile differences.
- Some experience in hospitality, catering, etc.
Education: Degree in Hospitality, Management or Business would be ideal
Specific Knowledge: Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Caterease knowledge a plus.
*This is a salaried position and includes health and 401K benefits.